Communiqué issued at the end of the 139th meeting of the Joint Tax Board (JTB) held from 17th to 19th December, 2017 at giginya coral western bye-pass hotel, sokoto, sokoto state
- March 12 – 27, 2020
- 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM
- 6016 Spring Flower Trail, Dallas, TX, U.S.
- 212 497 5686
The JTB held its 139th Meeting from 17th to 19th December, 2017 at Giginya Coral Western Bye-Pass Hotel, Sokoto, Sokoto State. The Theme of the meeting was “Implementation of e-payment Channels for Remittance of Taxes and Blockage of Leakages to enhance revenue generation”.
The Board deliberated on various issues and took the following decisions:
1. All tax authorities are admonished to adopt e-payment channels for tax administration to ensure increased revenue generation.
2. All tax authorities should automate their tax administration system in line with the global best practices and to facilitate the ease of automatic exchange of information among tax authorities and other relevant agencies.
3. The Joint Tax Board is organizing a training sessions for tax officers across the six (6) geo-political zone of Nigeria in preparation for enforcement of non compliance by taxpayers under the VAIDS with effect from 1st April, 2018.
4. All tax authorities and other revenue agencies should ensure continued collaboration in areas of tax administration with emphasis on joint tax audit exercises and exchange of information.
5. The Federal Capital Territory, IRS was formerly admitted as a member of the Board sequel to the passage of the FCT revenue law while the Nigeria Immigration Service was admitted as a co-opted member of the Board.
- 5:30 PM — 6:00 PM
Professional, able to interact with vendors/clients
- 6:00 PM — 6:30 PM
Ability to take a big picture idea and run with it
- 6:30 PM — 7:00 PM
Works well both independently and as part of a team
- 7:00 PM — 7:30 PM
Knowledge of SPSS or other analytical software
- 7:30 PM — 8:30 PM
Personal accountability and strong work ethic
Candidates can look forward to regular client contact, a role in business development.
Proposal writing/methodology creation, and a leading role in managing a project to finish.