- August 9, 2018
- Posted by: jomesili
- Category: Meetings
The JTB held its 138th Meeting on the 14th August, 2017 at Transcorp Hilton Hotel, Abuja. The Theme of the meeting was “Administering VAIDS in Nigeria: The Roles of Stakeholders”. The Board deliberated on various issues and resolved as follows:
1. The Board approved the appointment of Sir Oseni Salawe Elamah, mni, as the Executive Secretary of the Joint Tax Board and appreciated the outgoing Secretary M. L. Abubakar for a job well done.
2. Taxpayers should take advantage of the incentives contained in the Voluntary Assets and Income Declaration Scheme (VAIDS) recently launched by the Government and called on taxpayers to declare their assets and income for tax assessment.
3. Administration of VAIDS should be vigorously pursued in full collaboration between the taxpayers and tax authorities so as to reap the benefit of the scheme to the nation.
4. Implementation strategies on National Tax Policy should be intensively carried out in order to ensure efficient and effective service delivery and optimum revenue generation through cooperation amongst the general public, tax authorities and all relevant stakeholders.
5. The Nigerian Association of Small and Medium Enterprises (NASME) assured the JTB of their readiness to collaborate with the Board to achieve increased taxpayer database by sharing the NASME’s information on registered twenty-six (26 million) Small and Medium Enterprises with the Board.
6. States IRS are to designate officers in their offices with phone numbers for prompt collection of produced driver’s license.
7. The National Identification Management Commission (NIMC) to collaborate with JTB in the aspect of data sharing and collocation of NIMC’s system with the FIRS and State IRS offices.