- August 9, 2018
- Posted by: jomesili
- Category: Meetings
The JTB held its 136th Meeting on the 28th November, 2016 at Transcorp Hilton Hotel, Abuja, with the theme: “Increased Inter-Agency Co-operation to Enhance Tax Compliance and Optimise Revenue Collection”.
The Board deliberated on various issues and reached the following major decisions:
1. that all revenue agencies at the three (3) tiers of Government shall enhance the existing working relations in order to optimise tax revenue collections.
2. that efforts be intensified through collaboration amongst the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) and the State Motor Licencing Authorities (MLAs) towards identifying fake documentations during clearance and registration of vehicles.
3. that the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) to work out modalities with the Joint Tax Board(JTB) to implement the collection of VAT from issuance of immigration facilities.
4. that renewal of vehicle particulars on the old Number Plates will be discontinued with effect from the next due date as a measure to check fraud and enhance revenue collection.
5. that members of the Joint Tax Board (JTB) to ensure a seamless and timely authentication of Tax Clearance Certificates (TCC) to enable various agencies of government enforce it as a requirement for their services.
6. that members of the Joint Tax Board (JTB) to intensify effort in automating their processes for easy, seamless and timely integration with collaborating partners.